Coach Profile – Michael Lyons - Age 59
Certification - Tri NZ Level 2 Accreditation
Background before Triathlon – Cycling
Years in Triathlon – 12
Coaching and cycling racing
What inspires me to coach:
To see athletes dream big and achieve beyond their expectations by following our program and methodology. I also love to see how through the disciplines of triathlon, a positive impact on the life skills of my athletes as they become better equipped to face the challenges and changes life inevitably brings.
Biggest Influence on my coaching philosophies
Arthur Lydiard – the NZ super coach of many world champions. I met Mr Lydiard during my school days and he has had a profound influence on my training philosophies to this day.
To see Athletes continuing to achieve personal bests and to bring an athlete to the top on both the national and world stage.
Major Achievements to date
- NZ National Team Member for World Championships in Budapest and Beijing
- Ironman 70.3 World Championship
- Singapore and Thailand National Champion (Age Group)
- NZ Provincial Cycling Champion 100Km.
- Numerous Triathlon and Cycling race Podiums.